This past Saturday night, OhCountess and I opened up our home again to friends and fellow poker degenerates. 23 runners in our little home game. Not to shabby. We even had a guest appearance by none other then Gentleman Jim!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
you can See Gentleman Jim ( jimdniacc)
Posted by OhCaptain at 6:43 PM
Friday, October 24, 2008
Posted by OhCaptain at 7:45 AM
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Sorry for the complete lack of updates here. Work is piling up. Home life is VERY busy. Oh, and we are hosting a Halloween Poker bash at our house Saturday night. Every time we host one of these, I refine the process at little more to make things just right. Seriously...I think these are run better then the casinos and I don't even take a rake. Whatever.
- Step 1: Lose 3 or 4 sngs
- Step 2: Win back at least half the money lost playing LHE cash game
- Step 3: Take pent up anger out on some poor unsuspecting chap at NLHE Heads Up sng by playing hyper aggressive. Win slightly more then half of these.
- Step 4: Go to bed realizing this was not profitable and vow to do better tomorrow night
- Rinse, Lather, Repeat following night.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
If you aren't currently reading 4dbirds (Katiemother on FullTilt), get you ass off this page and head over and get reading. I'm a parent and this story scares the hell out of me.
Posted by OhCaptain at 12:11 PM
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
"it was super fun, though, i'm definitely gonna play a few more. it's perfect if you get bored w/ one sng too, cause the multi-tabling is built in."Now, she played the $20 variety. Quite sure this (me) tight ass ain't playing that big in this, but I did try the $1 6 max variety. These, were pretty crazy, as you might expect. I broke about even. I think I might be a nickel down, but in the grand scheme, they weren't impossible.
- Pay off mortgage and other debt - this is brain dead simple. No matter the size of the win, this sets us up to live incredibly comfortably.
- Fully fund retirement - I worked in a small start-up for 10 years. My new job has a pension and I expect that as much as I expect the Social Security to be there...I'm way behind where I should be. This will be funded to where it should be. Damn, I wish I was dumping money into the market last week.
- Fully fund college funds for the girls.
- Damn, that OhCaptain is practicle. For me, the fun comes later. Getting rid of all of this makes the future less stressful which, after all, is my goal anyways. I don't think I would pay off family debt. Long story...let's just end it there.
- I would set up college funds for all of my nieces and nephews.
- Now the fun begins. New camera. I'm not sure all of you know how broke you can go when you dive into high end cameras and equipment...this is a bigger bullet point then - buy stuff. It would be nothing for this bullet to reach 5 figures +.
- One dream would be to play the WSOP. I wouldn't want to do it alone. Several close friends would get fully funded trips.
- I love to travel. That shiny new camera and my family and I would definitely be doing more travel.
- Fund BBTx. Only this time...invitation only. Sick prizes and more fun. Maybe even a scholarship for bloggers I like that aren't bankrolled for this.
- "You Betcha!" Vegas. Dudes...party at my house. Bloggers will be crashing my place...on my dime.
- I'm a pretty practicle guy. I'm sure there would be some frivolous spending. I'd love to get a tv that's not using electron beam accelerated at a chemical screen.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Friggin' Kat, Riggs, Waffles, LJ, RecessRampage, Gadzooks64, PirateLawyer, HeffMike, JJOK, Astin, Cheer_Dad, Corron10
I must have missed the memo about this being a poker blog requirement or something, but after seeing Kat, Riggs, Waffles, LJ, RecessRampage, Gadzooks64, PirateLawyer, HeffMike, Astin, Cheer_Dad, Corron10 with special mention to JJOK for the seriously funniest take on this meme, I guess here is my Taro card...
You are The
Divine Wisdom. Manifestation. Explanation. Teaching.
All things relating
to education, patience, help from superiors.The Hierophant is often
considered to be a Guardian Angel.
The Hierophant's purpose is to bring the spiritual down
to Earth. Where the High Priestess between her two pillars deals with
realms beyond this Earth, the Hierophant (or High Priest) deals with
worldly problems. He is well suited to do this because he strives to
create harmony and peace in the midst of a crisis. The Hierophant's
only problem is that he can be stubborn and hidebound. At his best, he
is wise and soothing, at his worst, he is an unbending traditionalist.
Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find
Posted by OhCaptain at 12:59 PM
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Ok. Some NumbBono guy announces that there is gonna be this:
Tournament # 63820195
8:30 pm CST
NLHE - 0.10 + 1.00
Unlimited dime rebuys until first break
Dime add-on of 1500 chips at first break
password = bdankradio
Posted by OhCaptain at 8:20 PM
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Monday nights at our house are just a zoo. The whole transition from the weekend to the week just doesn't flow well. OhCountess is usually working until 7. The kids are not liking being back in school and I get to hold the universe together regardless of my state of mind.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
My hats off to the Sox. What a game. Lightning36, your summary said it, what a fitting end to a season. These two teams battled last night like it was the last game they would ever play.
Posted by OhCaptain at 10:25 AM