Monday, July 12, 2010

You know you're running like a god when AA...

Poker's been pretty brutal lately. I've been dialing it back lately because I find it really hard to keep my head in the game when I seem to bust out like this on a pretty regular basis.

This first hand was from a 9 person sit-n-go. These are usually my bread and butter, but I haven't cashed in a while. The normal hyper-tight agressive with increased aggression as the bubble comes closer has been failing me. When you play like this, you are running your monster hands into hopefully the far inferior hands of weaker players. This was the 3rd hand of the tournament that I had voluntarily put money in the pot. Normally, you relish this situation...

Who didn't see the running cards coming?

Sigh.

I moved over to the $.05/.02 NLHE to punish some more weak players.

I logged off for the night after this. Again, this was the 3rd hand for me, I had been hovering around the 6% VP$IP, just sitting around and waiting to play hard. This guy had come to this table about 2 orbits ago. I hadn't played a hand since he sat down. Do you like how I'm a 4:1 favorite for most of the hand?

Sigh.

I should know that queen was coming. It's a mathematical given right?

Oh great poker gods, why hast though forsaken me?

Time to take a deep breath and catch up on some reading and writing. That usually helps to keep an even keel and not just spew cash. Sounds like a really good time to catch up on Pauly's book...that should be the ticket! You really should be reading it...

4 comments:

lightning36 said...

You need to learn how to play Aces better ...

matt tag said...

when the poker gods kick you in the crotch over and over, it can be very hard to take. Keep working, keep reviewing your hands, make sure you are playing correctly. Bet sizes, thinking through the whole hand, etc.

If you're playing well, the luck is supposed to even out in the long run (right!!?!??!

Memphis MOJO said...

Ouch!

diverjoules said...

I feel your pain brother. Played only 4 hands of tourney last night myself and went out with AA vs QQ.All in PF. Just nothin you can do there. I just know though that sometimes I am the QQ hand. And I suppose that is what keeps me coming back for more. Ok the addict part is simply a side bar issue. ;-)