Sunday, June 1, 2008

Flopping the stone cold nuts

I just finished playing a $2 18 person turbo on Full Tilt. I know this doesn't happen very often, but the flop came 89J all hearts. I had QT of hearts. Near as I can tell, that is the stone cold nuts. The problem was, we were shorthanded and the one maniac at the table folded pre-flop.

The guy to my right bet the flop and the turn, but they weren't his typical pot size bets, but more like 2/3 pot sized. He had position on me, so I was check calling. I wanted to get some value on the river and just wasn't sure what to bet, so I tried the min raise. Against better players this will sometimes induce a raise, but usually just ends up looking suspicious and just gets called.

To all the geniuses that read my blog, which is all of you, how do you bet the nuts?

5 comments:

Ken C said...

The same way I bet everything else...aggressively. :) Depends how preflop goes and who your opponents are. But generally, yeah, I go hard with my monsters. As long as you've got an aggressive image, some poor sucker will usually pay you.

Avi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I read your profile for the first time and since then have made your blog a must read. Why? Because my car bumper sticker reads "Don't blame me: I Voted Libertarian" So we have something in common.
~TMS

OhCaptain said...

Wouldn't it be cool if personal responsibility were back in vogue?

Avi said...

Personal responsibility? You must be sniffing glue! LOL.
~TMS

jamyhawk said...

Bet, Bet, Bet... You aren't getting more money from a bluffer so you might as well bet your monster and hope he has a piece of the flop.

If he shows any strength at all, you can push and get paid off nice.