Monday, November 10, 2008

Bring in the machine that goes "Ping!"

My bankroll has been yo-yoing at the same level for weeks now. Up 30...down 30...up 30...down 30. One day loose a bunch playing sng's. Then I win it back playing limit hold 'em. Then I lose a bunch playing limit hold 'em and win it back playing sng's. Sigh.


Our house has been busy beyond belief lately. Who keeps signing the kids up for all of these activities? I mean really?

I had been working on a piece about how I've been successful at the limit hold 'em cash games. Then I check Poker Tracker after an extremely disappointing session. You may not want to read my advice...just sayin...

The election last week put my brain into one of those hazy funks. I wrote quite a bit about it over at my personal blog. I saw quite a few political posts over here in the poker blogging community. If you really want to know what I think click here.

Anyone have any recommendations on how to break the funk? Yikes. 

In other news. I'm 99% sure I will be at the winter gathering. Yes. Not sure why, but I'm making the trip to Vegas in December to meet people I only know from their writings. Quite possibly the biggest leap of faith I've ever done. The biggest question right now is if OhCountess is coming. If you want to help me talk her into flying to Las Vegas in December to meet and party with a group of strangers...let me know.

I think I will start working on limit hold 'em observations and strategies. I've been having a lot of fun figuring this variation out. I think most people's biggest problem is that try to hard to play it like no-limit hold 'em. One thing I've done that has really increased my win rate is to spot the no limit players at the limit table. You people just give away money...this is for another post.

Tomorrow night is the ESPN broadcast of the WSOP Main Event final table. 20 some hours of poker condensed into 2. Geez, I wish there was more. A $14 million sit-n-go. That would be good TV.

Julius Goat has announce his first foray  into the blogger tournament arena. A $50 + $5 deep stack tournament. He's calling it the Bad Bankroll Management Tournament (BB(m)T or just BBT for short). Check it out!

I missed the TuckFard tournament again this week. 6pm is dang near impossible to get to. I work til ~5pm ish, take the bus to my car, race in the door, say hi to the kidos, kiss the wife and then hope my family doesn't notice me playing a tournament at the dinner table...this is gonna take a lot of work to get. Hope to be there again soon...

OK...I've rambled enough. One last plug...my photography blog should be fully loaded for almost the next two weeks. That poor blog is the red headed stepchild of my blogging universe. Check it out.

See you on the felt.

9 comments:

Snuffy said...

What weekend is the blogger gathering?

OhCaptain said...

I'll be there the weekend of December 11-15. That's the weekend I know of.

BWoP said...

Glad to hear that you're making the trip!

Snuffy said...

Good timing then. I will be out there from the 12th-14th.

OhCaptain said...

snuffy - you'd better find the rest of us then.

Unknown said...

You won't be sorry.

Look at past trip reports, and must do's like:

- Mixed game at MGM
- Drinks at the Geisha Bar in the IP
- Pai Gow with a full table of bloggers
- Push my wheelchair

Anonymous said...

Get in the mix and enjoy yourself. You will be welcomed instantly.


Wish I was going.

BamBam said...

In the case of Oh Countess, inform her that my Peb's say's that no one should deprive themselves of any posible time with the likes of CK, Kat and The Wife!

Enjoy yourselves!

It'll be damn hard not to!

Anonymous said...

good luck with the family not noticing..mine don't miss a beat

really enjoy the blog.. hope you can visit mine.. I'll definitely be interested in your advice.