Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Knowing what's more important

Forgive me Father, it's been 9 days since my last post. 

Yikes! I'm not even Catholic, although I do know a few. 9 days. Sorry about that. As the title of this post explains, I try to always know when life has something more important for my attention then poker. Gasp! It's true. This post has absolutely nothing about poker. Poker content is returning shortly. There is more to life then poker.

Over the last 3 years, our family has supported a key member in her dream of achieving a dream. OhCountess has been on a mission to complete her Masters of Nursing degree. Well, last week, she did it. She graduated.

Some of you got to meet her last December in Vegas at the Winter Gathering. A rare break for her. Those of you that have met her know that without a doubt, she is my better half. I'm so very proud of her accomplishment. I know exactly how much work she put into this.

The graduation ceremony it's self was ginormous. We got good seats, huh? That's OhCountess in the second row of Masters in Nursing students. You should be able to see her, she's wearing a black gown; black, purple, white and tangerine hood and black hat...she's the hawt one!

Here she is! She's accepting her "diploma is coming, welcome to the alumni calling list" diploma case. Thankfully, we both got our B.S. degrees here as well. Nothing new, just my excuse of "my wife is in grad school and I pay enough in tuition" excuse will probably no longer work when they call looking for money to build a new building I will never use or see.

We surprised mom with a bouquet of roses. Tangerine like the color used to distinguish the nursing grads on their hoods. OhPrincess1 was really excited. The girls are getting their mom back. I'm sure much scrapbooking is in their future.

My graduate wife. Seriously, I can't be prouder. She's got definitive proof now, she's smarter then me. Not like this wasn't a given.

I love you, honey!

11 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Congrats to OhCountess and congrats to you, too!

Goatlady said...

AWESOME accomplishment, CONGRATS!!! I was suspicious there was something more important then poker... just couldn't figure it out!

Shrike said...

Oustanding ... congrats to you both.

-PL

David Westbay said...

Excellent! Many congratulations to all of you!

lightning36 said...

Congrats to your wife!

btw: Catholic + White Sox = goot!

Twins fans are Godless creatures anyway, aren't they?

BWoP said...

Congratulations to OhCountess. She's got the beauty and the brains. You ARE a LUCKY guy! (See what I did there?)

KenP said...

Smarter... after marrying you? Humm... Let me consider that...

There is poker content though. That has to be Dario's scarf wrapped 'round her lovely neck.

BamBam said...

Late to the party, but just as happy as I can be for OHCountess.

:)

TripJax said...

Big time 'grats. I know you are proud.

Pam said...

congrats to your wife. i'm so envious! i don't even have a 4 yr degree after going to school off/on over 20 years lol

jamyhawk said...

congrats to OhCountess! What a tremendous achievement while juggling family duties...