Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Poker can be fun - Who knew?

Just a quick note.


Poker League has actually sucked for the better part of 3 months. I hadn't made it very deep at all and I just seemed to always run into coolers...things like friggin' quads, when I have the top full house...you know, the things that make poker fun. Not to mention, it seemed like week in and week out, I was playing the same 8 people to start the night. Frankly, I was really getting quite bored.

Well tonight, I felt calm, cool and collected. I played my game, stayed patient and just couldn't seem to get much going heads up...as in, I finally went deep and finished second. Whew! Didn't run into quads once!

2nd still blows, but I'm glad to finally have the drought over.

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

3 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Congrats on the high finish.

diverjoules said...

Congrats.. I know what you mean about the draught. Looking at my spreadsheet I see I have played the last 6 (Live) tournaments making 2 final tables yet NO CASH... humbug..

TripJax said...

Noice! Just what you needed, eh?!