Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Just in time for the BBT4: Rakeback!

I've never really talked about it here before, at least not that I remember, but the sad truth is when I signed up for poker sites, back in the day, I had no idea what rakeback was. I really liked my name, OhCaptain, and just tried to register it every where.

Well, that's kinda cool, but...

I find out that there is this thing called rakeback. You sign up for a site through an affiliate, and the affiliate slips back to you a portion of their cut. Well damn!

Over the years, I've kinda been wondering why I couldn't get it. I was a loyal customer and I just signed up through their site. Back in November, Corron10 had written a post about how he got rakeback from Full Tilt. I was surprised but skeptical. I made him a comment and he replied. Heck, even Al was in the comment chain.


Off to RakeBackPros.com I went, signed up and sent them an email. Real polite email. They replied back that Full Tilt had been experimenting with giving some players rakeback and they would submit my information to see what they could do.

Time passes.

Well, the spam catcher at Gmail must be extra good and my ability to remember just exactly how much I had in my account must be slipping because for a little over a month...I've had rakeback!

Whew! Thanks Corron10! Thanks RakebackPros! Thanks Full Tilt Poker! Thanks to anyone else they may have helped. This is AWESOME!
Play Online Poker
Play Online Poker

Oh...busted 49th in the Riverchasers tonight. Slow, painful card death and weak passive play are not how I like to spend my night...geez!

8 comments:

Wolfshead said...

Lasted longer than I did. I couldn't catch a flop and got no action on my made hands pre. Slow lingering death. Thanks for the rake back comment. More a tourney player online than ring but will check it out anyway.

OhCaptain said...

I just bled out longer then you did. I really never got any where. Ugh.

The rakeback even works for the juice you pay on tournaments. Let's say you play in a $10 + $1 tournament. Typical, you kiss the $1 good bye. With rakeback you get ~$.27 back.

Every penny I'm not paying to juice or rake is money in my pocket. This isn't gonna make you rich, but it will lower your expenses.

Memphis MOJO said...

I didn't realize you could get rackeback for tournamentsm (and that's mostly what I play)! Thx for the post.

emptyman said...

Rakeback for an existing account -- unprecedented.

Will you please send me an email? Maybe some keywords or suggestions from the emails you sent to make this happen. Thanks!

OhCaptain said...

emptyman: it's in your inbox.

Allvira said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KC said...

Congrats on the rakeback. I'm going to have to look into that myself.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Really enjoyed the blog, are you interested in a Link swap,
my blog is boltpoker.blogspot.com
Thanks