Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Other Winter Classic #WPBT

It would seem that the time to plan the trip to Las Vegas for the gathering is now, at least officially. Ain't it August?

OhCountess and I started planning our next trip to the winter gathering on the flight home last year, so the thought of not going this year hasn't been at issue, our biggest issue is where to stay. There are worse problems. The other thing to think about is what to do. Saturday, I haven't heard of anyone getting married, Gracie...you ain't renewing already, are you? So Saturday should be left open for the big tourney. I just really hope people have their bounties. I knocked out several people last year, and got only one REALLY COOL bounty, but that's a whole other post.

As a noob last year, I was clueless of what was all the WPBT had to offer. With a year under my belt, I can safely say that I'm still basically clueless but now I have options. CK and Bam are putting together the official golf outing. I love golf and what a great photo-op! Well, I wasn't chosen as the Official Photographer. Yeah, that honor went to Astin. So I may need to actually pony up the cash to play and shoot. Gotta talk to the Mrs tonight about that. I'm officially on the fence. Oh, and I haven't played golf in about 9 years...

The lovely Katitude has a fantastic idea, visit the Neon Museum! The hours for this are sketchy at the moment. Probably a good thing that it's August. My camera was jumping out of the bag to shoot this place. Looking at the rules, there might need to be some more research into just how to shoot this place. Gawd, I hate photo rules...and this place has them...

And lastly, PirateLawyer and myself would like to remind everyone that we are going to the Pinball Hall of Fame. This place is a BLAST! Here's my recap from last year. Anyone is welcome to join us. There is a bus stop near by so you can come and go as you please. If you plan on taking a cab, print off the map, direction and write down the address. Most of the cabby's will have no idea what you are talking about. You don't HAVE to go with us per se, it's just more fun when you are making the machine crack over and over with witnesses...free games are the bomb!

Looking at this day, I'm not sure how I'm gonna do all of this. I think I'll request a longer day on Friday. If last year is any indication, the day will most likely be fueled with antacids and caffeine with a handful of ibuprofen. Cheap beer is a killer and that's all they serve at the Geisha Bar at the IP. Sorry Bostonians...Sam Adams ain't that good.

Let me know if you are going or want to be reminded about the Pinball Hall of Fame. I can't wait to get back...

8 comments:

on_thg said...

The Pinball Hall of Fame hopefully will have moved to a better location by then...

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/jun/21/pinball-halls-move-will-put-it-closer-where-touris/

BWoP said...

GOLF!!!

(word verification: sheat)

Memphis MOJO said...

I can't go and you're making it sound like so much fun, dang it!

Unknown said...

I will take on all challengers to the Addams Family machine if we get there after golf.

BamBam said...

After Golf sounds like a plan to me...... so far......... as in....... things........change.........so.......darn.......... fast..... with.....this....bunch.

Astin said...

Twitter fun aside, I have no problem with you bringing your gear and taking photos too. You're absolutely right that I can't be everywhere at once.

I imagine you might get away with just a cart rental fee instead of greens fees. Or hitch rides with others (since hitching a ride with me doesn't really fix the being everywhere at once issue, but you're welcome to). But I'm not an organizer :)

Shrike said...

Drizzdj, you have yourself a challenger.

-PL

lightning36 said...

Made my plane reservations the other night. Now I need to find the free hotel rooms ...