Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Whew! Goal Accomplished!

Just a quick note before I collapse.


Going into tonight at poker league, I was exactly 94 points out of first place and a 104 point lead on the guy in 3rd. Tonight, I needed a pretty deep run and for the first place guy to bust before the points to take over the lead.

With 2 tables to go, Chad busts.

I played short stack ninja for what seemed forever. Waiting patiently for people to bust only getting aggressive when I was up against the medium stacks. The patience paid off I held on to get to the 3rd place finish I needed to retake the the league lead in points!

For a little bit more fun, I took a 2 bet stack into heads up. Got very aggressive and after about 30 minutes, stacked every last chip in front of me.

WHEW! I did it!

My goal for the season was simple. Win the whole thing. I'd taken 2nd place too many times. Goal accomplished.

Drizz...I should be seeing you at Running Aces now. I'll be the guy on a freeroll :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

When is it? Drop me a line on IM tomorrow or Facebook and if I'm not out of town I'll drop by to harrass the competition.

Memphis MOJO said...

Congrats, OhCaptain. I love it when a plan comes together.

Dee said...

Nice work! Congrats homey...

diverjoules said...

GREAT JOB!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

lightning36 said...

Congrats! It's nice when things work out.

OhCaptain said...

Thanks everyone!

BWoP said...

Awesome job!