Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Well that was fun - Multi table Rush On Demand


Just finished playing my first multi-table rush on demand tournament on Full Tilt. Now granted, it was a $1 tournament, but it was definitely stacked with really bad players.

I've on again off again success playing rush poker. Some of my biggest wins and biggest losses have been at the hands of this cruel game played at warp speed (exhibit A, exhibit B (one of my favorite posts)) In many ways, this played like tournaments of old. Lots of people making completely unbelievable bluff, a lot of tight wads waiting for aces, people attempting to steal from the little blind, etc, etc..

It would have been fun to win this, but it just wasn't in the cards.I'll take this 4th place finish and probably try one of these again. Have you tried these? What did you think?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I prefer the Multi-table Rush MTTs w/Rebuys, but will try one of these out tomorrow.

For a $2-$5 tourney, 1st is usually around $2,000+.

Not keeping track of # of rebuys however, isn't good bankroll management.

OhCaptain said...

One of the things I liked most about this one was the speed at which people were impaling themselves on other people's stacks. I busted 4th in about an hour and a half. Yikes. After I get the hang of a few of the low stakes monsters, I'll try moving up and see how it goes. My bankroll ain't what it used to be.

jamyhawk said...

I like the $4 and $11 varieties. Where else can you play a 300-400 person tourney and hit the final table in 1 1/2 hours?

And you are right, there is lots of "impaling" going on.