Monday, March 1, 2010

WBPT Trip Report: Part 8 - Football at Lagasse Stadium #WPBT

I usually schedule my flight out of Vegas for Monday morning. I hate saying good bye, especially on this weekend. You know, you probably won't get to see some of these people again, others it will be far too long before you get to hang out. Leaving in the wee hours of Monday morning kinda feels like sneaking out in the middle of the night only with a few hours of sleep.

In 2008, I had traveled with OhCountess. Sunday was our day to go explore Las Vegas just the two of us. Nice dinner, romantic walks, quality time without the kids and distractions. This year, no mrs. She's just not a big fan of me having a romantic dinner without her. TheLuckBox put up a few tweets telling everyone that a private room was arranged at the Palazzo's Lagasse Stadium. All we needed to do was drink and eat to some amount of cash. This group should be able to drink to any set bar tab amount. We be that good.

This post will kinda be a pic dump. As you'll see from the pictures, this place was amazing. But to be honest, the best part of the whole experience was that this room provided a way for everyone to just mingle and chat. No hookers. No Dealertainers. No slot machines. Just great conversations. It was awesome. Well, maybe the fact the Vikes won didn't hurt either...



This first picture gives you a little bit of an idea just how big this place was. You can even see the faint glow of the Galaxians machine in the back. Drizz, Waffles and Maigrey can give you lessons if you need them. I didn't get my 10,000 hours in when I was a kid. I sucked.

Yeah, there's a pool table in here too. Those PDA looking things in some of the guys hands, those are wireless units for doing all kinds of betting. Such as, will the next play be a run or a pass. Degenerates.

This is the pit we watched the Vikes win. That's the biggest LCD I've ever seen. Holy crap. Hey, honey, me want one. Tanks.

Mediocre teams like the Patriots were show on smaller inferior TV's in back corners. Hi Dawn!!


Drizz and the Wife have a bet every year. The Wife's only real character flaw is she's from Wisconsin and has never been able to shake her love of the Cheeseheads. The Packers sucked this year...so Drizz provided here with a shirt she could wear and truly look as classy as she really is. The #4 and the word "Favre" on the back really brought out the color of her eyes.

LOOK! Purple shoes! How cool!

She's just thinking about how awesome she'll look in purple. You can see it in her expression.

Damn! She's looking mighty fine! Hubba hubba!

This was in the hallway outside of the private suite. She kept tearing up. I didn't get it.

Everyone smiling. Harmony and peace filled the land.

Mmmm...salty.

By the end of the day, it was really filling up in here. I'd like to introduce you. Hello, blog reader, this is almost everyone. Everyone, it's the blog readers. Say hi and shake hands...

I failed to get this last two post out by March. Sorry CK. I did get this one out before Mastodon Weekend, which I wish was heading to. I really hope we get this same room next year. It was a great way for everyone to just hang out. I wish I had taken better advantage of it, there were many people I just never got to chat with that I had hoped to. Regrets I hope to rectify next year. Is it too early to book my room? I'm ready to go back. Just say the word.

3 comments:

DrChako said...

Great shots.

That is one hot chick! Is she single?

-DrC

lightning36 said...

It's March 1, dude! Of course, this is sooner than your usual trip posts, right?

OhCaptain said...

Dr. Chacko - I'd heard she was married, but when they are that hot...maybe you could ask her? :)

Lightning36 - Yeah. I'm slow.