Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Back at the Mookie

Finally got back to playing the Mookie, it's been a quite a few weeks. I figured I'd take a shot at it. Heck, if Hoy can win, I surely can win my second Mookie. But it just wasn't in the cards for me. Beside, watching the Twins right now isn't helping my mood any.

I had a ridiculous number of big pocket pairs early. Double up with QQ, got as high as 4th in chips, but just went to total card death. Hoy shoving the hammer several times was funny, cause, he had me beat. 23o and 62o were my two most common hands.

22nd in my first Mook in 6 weeks? I think it's my second of 2009. Geez. Shake off the cob webs...my coin flip shove was no match for the power of the 44. You just know that hand has to be good. I really like the part where I had 17 outs after the turn...nice touch. Wanna count them with me? Any ace, king, jack or nine. Sigh.

1 comments:

lightning36 said...

Outs mean nothing in the Mookie, of course ...

I lost to a one-outer in a tourney the other day -- my set of Kings against a set of Jacks. We were both all in before the turn, which, of course, ...