Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's time for an introduction

I don't live in a large metropolis. In fact, by population, we just passed the 100,000 mark. Not too shabby, but not really Big Apple quantity either.


A while back, I noticed a post on PokerFool's blog. His snowy backyard look almost exactly like my backyard. As it turns out, two poker bloggers who'd been active a while lived about a mile apart. Funny this intertubes thing. Hell, we even had friends in common and just didn't know each other.

One of my good friends and fellow Bourbonator started a poker blog. DeeBakes hit the virtual felt with nothin', won $2 in a freeroll and has been riding a roller coaster ever since. These keep going well for him and he'll be playing the Donkament, the Mookie and Poooshfest soon enough.

I know the millions um thousands um...the readers I have will be gracious and give the guy a read and welcome him to the blogaverse.

Here's the link again... http://deebakes.blogspot.com/

Whatcha got to lose? Not like we have lives anyways :-D

6 comments:

Dee said...

Awesome! Thanks for the introduction my friend...

Yes, I am trying to recapitulate the Ferguson Freeroll to 10K, but it is not so easy. Glad I have some good advice coming in!

Amy W said...

I'll go check him out. You are generous with your minions, but we can take it. ;-)

PokerFool said...

Sure is nice outside today, isn't it?

:)

OhCaptain said...

Amy: I try not to be too cruel.

PokerFool: You're working at home today, aren't you. I'm stuck in my office until 4...until then 'La la la la, I can't hear you...la la la..."

BrainMc said...

Oh Captain, I too have met some online players / bloggers that live extremely close thanks to these games. We now play regularly together live as well. That has been one of the most rewarding parts of playing with this group of folks.

Memphis MOJO said...

Well, I guess I'll have to go check him out!