Wednesday, April 8, 2009

That's Whisky with no 'e'

Back in February, I told the story about how I got contacted by a someone working with Canadian Club, the whisky makers, and offered to send my Whiskey Club (Bourbonators) a bottle of 30 year old special reserve whisky. It was pretty nummy.

She contacted me a couple of days ago with an announcement of a contest that actually sounded pretty fun. Here's what she sent me:


Canadian Club & Thrillist are working together to find the next Damn Right Star, and it could be your dad!

The contest is called “Damn Right Your Dad Didn’t Tell you Everything” and we’re looking for the guy who embodies the spirit of Canadian Club for the next ad campaign. This is your chance to show-off your dad’s coolness and let him reminisce about those glory days. The winning photo will have a chance to be featured in Canadian Club’s next ad campaign and the winning submitter (along with everyone in the photo) will win a trip to Chicago for a “Weekend of Manliness”

Contest details:

Photos must be from the late ‘60’s/early ‘70’s – think mustaches, classic masculinity, great style (to be interpreted), etc. Submissions will be accepted until 4/26/2009 CC will pick its favorite three photos, then fans have the chance to vote to help select the ultimate winner.

For more details and complete contest rules, visit www.canadianclubcontest.com.

2 comments:

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

I'm sooooo about to enter that contest.
I wonder if they would send me some bras if I contacted Playtex? Do you think that's a good idea? I mean, really....what do I have to lose right??
I'm just sayin........

Steady On
Reggie Girl

lightning36 said...

Looks like we might have a long, fun baseball season, OhCaptain.