Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Almost forgot the ending!

As it turns out, the well went dry for me. I started stealing some blinds to stay alive and got to the final table. One person was eliminated rather quickly, and there were a few of us struggling to stay alive. In poker league, the blinds start doubling towards the end. We go from 500/1000 to 1000/2000 then 2000/4000 and so on. At some point, you become a slave to the cards.

I was down to my last 9000 in chips with the blinds at 3000/6000. Oh how nice! I had 4 2 off suit in the BB a raise, a re-raise and a couple of calls made me think that this wasn't the hand to push on. In the LB, I get dealt k 7 offsuit and it walks to me...I push all in to the BB. I'm better than a coin flip against 2 random cards. He calls as I expected. He's got 65 and we all know how many hearts were dealt...7th place it is and 128 points + 20 (attendace).

0 comments: