Sunday, September 9, 2007

Online Poker Update

I haven't been writing much about my online play. Frankly...it was really sucking. I had a stretch of bad cards and turned that into a longer stretch of wretched play.

I blew the profit I'd made. Now, I didn't blow the whole bankroll, but officially, I'm playing my money again.

Lately, I've been doing a lot of soul searching and reading. I knew what the problem was. I wasn't paying attention. I was missing the fundamentals. I quit thinking thru hands and put my self at risk for marginal hands in bad spots. Things like, watching stack sizes and betting patterns. I was also just steaming. Losing breads more losing.

Lately, I've moved back to my roots. I swallowed my pride and started back at the beginning. $1.25 45 person tournaments. I used to be pretty dang good at these, and frankly, they pay almost the same as the $5.50 9 person. The biggest difference is the risk to reward. Risking a $1.25 to win $15.95 is better than $5.50 to win $17.50.

I've also started playing the $2.25 180 person tournaments, when time permits. I've only played a handful of these. They are different that what I'm used to, but I really like them. Tonight, I cashed for the first time. I probably could have got a lot deeper. I picked a stupid spot to push and lost. I finished 18th. The first to get paid. I'll keep these up for a while, the 45 and the 180 person tournaments...let's just see if I can get back the magic.

1 comments:

johnsmith said...

The European Gaming and Betting Association(EGBA)has asked the European Commission, the EU regulatory arm, to investigate the recent ban on online gaming in Germany. For over three years now. World Trade Organizations(WTO) members have investigated whether US restructions on internet gambling obey with international trade rules.
-----------------------
johnsmith
FREEROLLS EVERYDAY 11AM TO 11PM WITH NO REQUIREMENTS. JUST DOWNLOAD AND PLAY POKER FREE 7 DAYS A WEEK.

http://www.CelebPoker.com
http://www.CelebPoker.com