Monday, March 17, 2008

As Julius as my witness

I played a ring game tonight. Its true. I swore off ring games a while ago. I just couldn't keep giving back to the poker community what I was taking out of the Mookie.

I had about an hour to kill. The kids were playing on the computer and the Mrs was off to bingo. Yes, bingo. The woman that not even two weeks ago finished 7th in the Mookie. Anyways, that's not why I'm here. I'm here cause I had an hour to kill and went looking for some poker to play.

I didn't have a long to play, about 45 minutes before the kids needed to be in bed and about an hour and a half before the $1 $26 Token Frenzy (gonna try it for the first time..more later), man am I easily distracted. So back to killing time...I went through my list of people to see if they are online and I found Julius Goat playing the .05/.10 NLHE. Figured I'd sit down and see how fast I could lose $10.

Well...45 minutes later, I had $16.40 sitting in front of me and I didn't rebuy once! W00t! W00t!

I did discover one thing about this game. No sense of humor.

Before I go...what kind of token tournaments do you people play? I'm trying this $1 Token Frenzy and I got to say, so far, people are pretty sucky at this thing. 350 people gone in little less than 1 hour...and only 453 people entered this thing. It ain't over yet! More later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you want humor, beat a table captain with rags in a hand and let the sarcasm fly afterwards. :)

OhCaptain said...

That does sound like fun.

Our running gag was we kept wondering how this tournament worked, where's the lobby, why haven't the blinds gone up...etc.

Some poor schmuck just didn't get it.