Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween Poker at OhCaptain & OhCountess' House II

This past Saturday night, OhCountess and I opened up our home again to friends and fellow poker degenerates. 23 runners in our little home game. Not to shabby. We even had a guest appearance by none other then Gentleman Jim!


This particular night, we were celebrating Halloween. Costumes were encouraged.

I believe this was roughly my starting table. Although I see that it probably wasn't Gentleman Jim is there. The priest that knocked up the nun is not. Oh...and I have chips. You can see the back of OhCountess - she was dressed as my beer bitch - :-)
A little better on the lighting. I really think I need to thank the priest that knocked up the nun. I'm thinking he took these pictures since the nun he knocked up took him out of the tournament fairly early. Didn't he win this thing last year?
Even with a 17mm lens, I couldn't pack all 23 into one shot.  You get the idea of what 23 poker players look like in my basement.
Table 3. Thanks to Marshall for sharing the extra table with us! Yes. I'm a poker degenerate and have 2 poker tables. One I built and one I bought. 20 seats baby!
Table 2. That's Bodie25...he's the blond in the stripes.
Sexy dead babe busts...
OhCaptain is about to go busto...like my expression? Look closely. I'm short stacked, about 5 BBs left. In the cutoff with AJh. Knocked up nun finds 2 more aces in the deck. Son of Julius Goat! Will I ever win my own friggin' home game?
And the winner was Todd (tmoneyb on FTP). He takes down the $110 top prize. I believe he won the final hand with dinner for two off suit (6-9 for the short bus riders out there).

Wish I could tell you I played great and made this fantastic move that totally dominated but I'd be bluffing. I folded for 2 hours stealing a little hear and there but eventually being run over by the blinds until the AJh. I had a couple of pocket pairs...from UTG and they were, let me check, yeah one was 4's and the other ducks. This is a fairly loose game, I chose to play it tight and get chips with a big hand...the big hand never showed up. AJ was seriously the biggest hand I got all night. D'oh!

I will let the bloggersphere know that when it came time to play Gentleman Jim in some heads up razz, the stack of chips ended on my side of the table. Finally, crappy cards paid off for me. I should have know that was coming. He'd had his aces cracked earlier. Never a good sign going into razz.

By the time I got done schooling him in razz, we moved over to the cash game. I liked the cash game...people were very drunk and lost their ability to do math. I think some had even lost their ability to read. I was up a buyin in no time. eventually ending up almost a buyin and a half. I like money.

I'll have to wait for the next game to keep the trophy at my house. Yikes. I'm starting to feel like Mr. Seventhbok himself. I have more bubbles or 2nd place finishes than any of the players that come regularly to my game....but I've never won this thing. I figure I just need to get more bloggers to show up. I can beat bloggers...anyone up for "You betcha" Vegas at my house? 

Again, losing was fine, this was a lot of fun. I love hosting these games. I think each one goes smoother. Hope everyone else had fun. Thanks for coming!

10 comments:

bodie25 said...

Notice that if you would have shown up with the hammer on your bust out hand, you would have cracked those damn aces...

gadzooks64 said...

OMfG that looks like an absolute blast!

How do I score me an invite to next year's?

RaisingCayne said...

Looks like good times.

Memphis MOJO said...

Very cool! I see you even set up a computer screen as a shot clock (to keep track of time).

Unknown said...

I need make the trek sometime.

And I'll keep saying that until I do. Let me know when you expect to have your next game(s).

Memphis MOJO said...

How do you copyright a photo?

My final out said...

I would totally make the drive down for some "you betcha vegas". Looks you all had a blast. Nice post.

-Grouse

DrewFours said...

^^^^^^ Jealous.

Cynthia said...

Looks fun! Love the beer bottle:)

Unknown said...

Why short stacked? When you play poker, you shouldn't do it to escape from being depressed or having a really bad day. You start out on tilt -- playing emotionally, not rationally -- and you won't play your best. Likewise, if during a poker game, you lose a big hand or get sucked out on and feel yourself going on tilt, stand up & take a break until you feel calm later on. Fellow players will sense your mood & take advantage of it.

Game, poker, online poker, online game