Friday, November 2, 2007

Co-ed Invitational V Approaches - My 100th Post!

Wow, I just noticed, this will be my 100th post. I honestly didn't think I would keep this up, but as it turns out, I really enjoy blogging. You should be getting virtual party favors in your virtual inbox to help me virtually celebrate this! W00T! W00T!

He's the scoop for this weekend. I'll be returning to the felt with OhCountess (Mrs. OhCaptain - clever huh?), Bodie25, and Mrs. Bodie25. Bodie25 is coming out of hiatis for this! Hopefully the time away from poker has given him a new lease on the game.

This will be the most ambitious tournament I've ever run. ~27 confirmed attendees. I counted out all the chips last night...what a glorious sight that is. Some of the regulars from the home game will be absent. We will be missing Elloise and John and our reigning champion Jon will be gone. Congrats to Jon though...he's missing the action with the birth of his daughter! What an awesome reason to miss a game!

This party will also include costumes. I hope to take lots of pictures. One thing that sucks...I can't play poker and take pictures too often. Seems not being at the table pay attention is bad for your poker game...who knew! The Wii will be all fired up and Wii Bowling will be jammin! Seemed like a fun idea for the loser lounge. I hope I never have to spend time there...gives me the shivers, but the way the poker gods have been treating me lately, I'll be 2 outed and done. (happened AGAIN last night in a MTT - I had KK, nice big raise preflop, get called, the flop comes QJT...I push...numbnuts calls with A8o - King on the turn and no love on the river)

Lots to do to get ready for tomorrow night. If you are coming and reading this...we might need some more food...

2 comments:

RaisingCayne said...

Bappy Blogiversary! Congrats on the 100th post!

Thanks for the comment/explanation over at my blog, I appreciate it! Makes sense, thanks for the new knowledge.

Good luck and have fun hosting the home game!

bodie25 said...

I hate to rain on your bad beat parade, but he had 5 outs... See you tonight!